Sunday, February 21, 2010

While at sea or from an aircraft I have often noticed what appear to be paths of clear, unruffled water. Why?

It could be an oil slick (minor) left by a boat. Remember the saying ';pour oil on troubled waters';While at sea or from an aircraft I have often noticed what appear to be paths of clear, unruffled water. Why?
These are usually the result of oil, fuel, etc., left in the wake of passing ships and boats.While at sea or from an aircraft I have often noticed what appear to be paths of clear, unruffled water. Why?
I recall the same when I was at sea; a long time ago. It seems like they were currents in the ocean, like the Gulf stream or other warmer currents. Yes, the ocean does have flowing currents!
strong current streams under the surface

No comments:

Post a Comment